Sometimes the best way to celebrate love is a nice dinner, a card, a small gift, some champagne and candlelight — and sometimes, it’s all of those and a getaway for the night. Face it: Even when the sweetheart pseudo-holiday isn’t in play, it’s nice to step back from the snow and gray and routine and change your view.
Some of these places offered here in Bucks County are V-Day specific for that special lovers’ weekend while others are more for a simple winter-weary weekend. Check the offers carefully for details and restrictions and visitbuckscounty.com/hotels-bb/lodging-packages/ for other info.
• You’ll be in walking distance to any of New Hope’s shops and restaurants while you stay at the quaint, peaceful Wishing Well Guest House. Enjoy any two-night weekend stay for $109 (queen) or $99 (full) or book a stay for any one night in a Royal Room for $79. Available until April 30; wishingwellguesthouse.businesscatalyst.com/index.html#contact.
• Remember your lovely two-night stay in a romantic room at the Fox & Hound with the “Romance and Elegance” Valentine’s Day special with champagne, a single red rose, a custom love message and a Fox & Hound robe. You’ll also receive $40 off a Swarovski crystal necklace from the venue’s boutique and a hot gourmet breakfast; foxhoundinn.com/specials-and-local-events/.
• Enjoy a romantic dinner and getaway at the charming Plumsteadville Inn in Pipersville for a great price. Your overnight stay includes dinner for two, including an appetizer and dessert, at the Plumsteadville Bar and Grill. Available until March 25; www.plumsteadvilleinn.com/.
• Book a romantic getaway for Valentine’s Day at the Golden Plough Inn, located right in the heart of Peddler’s Village, and receive a chilled bottle of sparkling wine, chocolates and a long-stemmed rose. Included is an a-la-carte breakfast for two at the award-winning Buttonwood Grill. Or enjoy a luxurious stay a different weekend and receive 50-percent off your stay in a fantastic suite and a-la-carte breakfast for two at the Buttonwood Grill. Available Sunday-Thursday and select weekends; goldenploughinn.com/offers.
• Stay any weeknight (Monday-Thursday, non-holiday evenings) at the Pineapple Hill Inn in the romantic Goldfinch Room and receive a $50 gift card to any one of these three fabulous local restaurants: The Washington Crossing Inn, Bowman’s Tavern or Marsha Brown; pineapplehill.com/travel-packages/.
• Add the Wine and Roses Package to your Bridgeton House stay and a bouquet mix of roses and flowers with a love note will be waiting for you in your room. You’ll also receive a 30-minute cellar tour and tasting at the Sand Castle Winery, which is located only five minutes from the inn; bridgetonhouse.com/specials/.
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism-promotion agency for Bucks County. For more information on VBC activities, call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem.