– At 5:25 a.m. March 10, complainant was in the PATCO subway concourse, 13th and Locust streets, when a male took her Droid phone from her pocket and fled. The suspect was described only as a black male wearing a teal jacket.
– Between 6:30-10 p.m. March 12, a secured bicycle was stolen from outside 1300 Locust St.
– Between 7 a.m.-6 p.m. March 14, an apartment in the 1200 block of Chestnut Street was entered without force and a laptop was stolen. Sixth District Officer Pariseau attempted to lift fingerprints.
– At 1 a.m. March 15, a guest at a party in an apartment in the 200 block of South 11th Street, argued with another guest who punched and kicked him and took his handbag. The suspect is known to the complainant and Central Detective Division will obtain an arrest warrant for robbery.
– Between 11:30 a.m.-8:15 p.m. March 15, an apartment in the 400 block of South Broad Street had the door lock damaged and a laptop and cash were stolen from inside. Sixth District Officer Corrado attempted to lift fingerprints.
– Between 12:15-7 p.m. March 15, secured bicycles were stolen from outside 1249 Sansom St., 123 S. Broad St. and 215 S. 11th St.
– Between 8:30 a.m. March 16 and 12:15 p.m. March 17, a secured bicycle was stolen from outside 211 S. Broad St.
– Between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. March 16, an unlocked 2009 Acura, parked in the 800 block of Walnut St., had an EZ Pass transponder unit taken. This report was received by the DPR Unit via phone, thus police were not dispatched.
– At 2:15 p.m. March 17, a woman was conversing with a male at 11th and Ludlow streets when the male ordered her to face a wall and took money from her pocket. The suspect was described as a black male, 45 years old, 6-foot, 200 pounds, with a mustache and medium complexion and wearing a burgundy and white checkered shirt and jeans.
– At 7:15 p.m. March 18 while at 13th and Locust streets, a male asked another man for some change. When the man took out his money, the male snatched $20 and fled. The suspect was described as a black male, 30 years old with a beard and a gap in his front teeth and wearing a white shirt, leather jacket and tan boots.
– At 10:45 p.m. March 5, 6th District Officers Braceland and Barthelemy responded to calls of vandalism in progress in the 1000 block of Cypress Street. The officers arrived and observed a male and a female spray-painting cartoon faces with the words “Zulu Kings” on at least two properties in the block. The suspects, both 19 and students at University of the Arts, were charged with criminal mischief and related offenses.
– At 8:35 a.m. March 8, SEPTA officers arrested a male wanted on a bench warrant for failure to appear for court outside 1101 Market St. The 24-year-old suspect with a Frankford address was charged with contempt of court.
– At 1:45 a.m. March 9 in the 300 block of South 10th Street, a cab driver was threatened with a handgun by another motorist in a road-rage incident. No injuries resulted. The complainant alerted police at 20th Street and Washington Avenue of the incident and a suspect was taken into custody. The gun was reportedly discarded and not recovered. The 32-year-old suspect with a Northeast Philadelphia address was charged with aggravated assault and related offenses.
– At 2:15 p.m. March 9, Center City District Officers Moore and Bates observed an illegal narcotics transaction outside 01 N. 10th St. A male was stopped and officers recovered numerous prescription narcotic pills and cash. The 30-year-old suspect with a Mayfair address was charged with illegal narcotic sales.
– At 8 a.m. March 10, 6th District Officers DeLuca and McQue responded to a 911 call to the 200 block of South Delhi Street and found a male exiting a residence that had been entered via a window and ransacked. The 36-year-old suspect with a South Philadelphia address was charged with burglary and related offenses. Jewelry taken from the residence was recovered.
– UPDATE: At 2:25 p.m. Feb. 25, two males took a tip jar from the counter of Capogiro, 119 S. 13th St., and fled north. At 7:05 p.m. March 10, one of the males returned to the store, a witness called 911 and 6th District Officer Chim apprehended a suspect after being identified by the witness. The 23-year-old suspect with a Mayfair address was charged with theft.
– At 1:40 p.m. March 13, Center City District Officers Pagan and Bates observed a male sitting on the bench at 1201 Market St. smoking a crack pipe. The male threw the pipe down but was unable to flee. Police recovered two packets of crack cocaine from the male. The 49-year-old suspect with a Germantown address was charged with possession of narcotics.
– At 3:55 a.m. March 14, 6th District Officer Hartzel responded to 1112 Sansom St. and was informed a male was attempting to break into the massage parlor. The officer found a male in the drop ceiling of the property. After being ordered to come down, the male fell through the drop ceiling and was arrested. The 21-year-old homeless suspect was charged with burglary and related offenses.
– At 4:20 p.m. March 15, inside the Gallery Food Court, 901 Market St., six teenagers were confronted by two males, one with a handgun, who took a cell phone and fled. Center City District beats assigned to the Gallery stopped the two suspects, who were positively identified. Both suspects, age 17, were charged with robbery and related offenses. The gun was not recovered.